Sunday, December 21, 2008

2008 Thankful List

During Thanksgiving, I didn't have time to sit down and blog about all I am thankful for this year. So, I thought I would do it now at the end of the year. We had an incredible 2008 and here is something from each month of last year that I am thankful for:

January: MY LIFE- This is my birthday month, a nice way to start out the year. I am so thankful for a blessed life. I have my health, my mind (most of the time), a wonderful family, and a purposeful existence. A great life.

February: SHOES- I went to my first shoe show this month. I went with Brennan and my mom. Not only did we have a blast, but it really helped develop Cents of Style as a legitimate company. I feel so blessed to have this company and the fulfillment it brings into my life.

March: AMBITION- I had a hard time thinking of something for March, but I knew that John traveled that month, so I am grateful for him, his job and his ambition. He works very hard and has to be away from us often. I know he doesn't love to travel for business, but I know that he does whatever he has to to provide for us. For that, I am grateful.

April: SISTERS- Every spring my sisters, sister-in-laws, mom and I go on a girls-only trip. We laugh, shop, eat and then we shop some more. I look forward to it every year, because I get to be with some of my favorite people in the world.

May: TRAVEL- In May, we traveled to Grand Cayman with John's brother, Joe, and his family. We had a fabulous time. We relaxed in the sun and played in the gorgeous Caribbean water. I don't ever want to forget the chickens, the peanut butter sandwiches or the sting rays.

June: MIRACLES- Heavenly Father blessed us with our son, Chase, this past June. We prayed, hoped and wished for him. He has filled my face with smiles and heart with joy everyday since.

July: FAMILY- We spent the 4th with John's family. We went camping at Deer Creek. Kids got dirty and then cleaned off by jumping into the water. They loved to tube off the back of papa's boat. There is always great food and laughs when the Browns get together.

August: BELLA- She turned 3 this month. She has grown up so much in 2008. She has gone from being a baby to truly a "big girl." She makes us laugh (and scream) everyday. Another miracle that fills our life.

September: EDUCATION- Bella began preschool and private speech therapy this fall. It has helped her very much. I think back to a year ago when all she said was "yeah, mama and dada." Now she won't stop chattering, definitely something to be thankful for.

October: FRIENDS- Since moving into our home, we have made some excellent friends. People we know we can rely on no matter the circumstances. What a blessing to have such good people in our life.

November: HISTORY- The American people elected Barack Obama to the Presidency of the United States this month. No matter your political beliefs, this was a momentous day. I teared up multiple times that day, knowing that when I tell my son he can be anything, it is the truth.

December: CHRIST- At this time of year we celebrate the birth of the Lord. I feel so blessed to know Him and the power of His atonement in my life. He makes all my other blessings possible.

5 comments:

melissa said...

Courtney, what a fun idea. Do you mind if I steal it for the end of the year?!

Cute. Beautiful family. And thanks for the cookies.

Genevieve said...

Oh Court. I love you. You make me tear up...and that is like crying for most people :)

The Oldroyd's said...

Thank you for sharing. That was really neat to read. I agree, I might have to steal it from you also. (You are probably use to it, I steal every idea from you.)

Erin Boyle said...

BEAUTIFUL POST!!!
I love you!
Erin

Tine said...

Hey there! So glad you found our blog! I just went to Melissa's and found yours...and it was so fun to look at all your great pictures!