Sunday, March 29, 2009

Airport

Ridin' in Style.

Checking In.

Before we went up to security, Grandma, of course, bought the kids a treat.

Saying Goodbye.



This pretty much sums it up.


And she is off!

We took my mom to the airport yesterday. It was difficult to say goodbye. I think it will take awhile to get use to not being able to pick up the phone and call her at anytime. I am thankful to live in an age of blogs, internet and email though. I think that will make the distance shorter.

We just received an email from her saying she landed and has made it to Suva. After landing in Nadi, she had a five hour bus drive. I can't even imagine how tired she must be. She did mention that the scenery is gorgeous. I can't wait to see it for myself.

4 comments:

qfam said...

Hard...yes, but what a wonderful experience it will be for all of you! Blessings will come to your family. Hopefully the lines of communication will be easy to use. What an adventure!

Sheri

Erin Boyle said...

It makes me cry just looking at those photos

BLAU said...

Pretty sure I am the only one at home and am....well you guessed it....balling! I love my mom so much! Thanks for sharing those pictures.

melissa said...

COngrats to your brave mommy...and my condolences (spelling?) to you. That would be sooo hard. You'll both be blessed.