Monday, March 23, 2009

The MTC

Yes, she is pointing to Fiji.

Bella loves "Nanny" so much.

Notice the jumping boy in the middle.

My little man will be 2 when Grandma gets home.



This morning we dropped my mom off at the MTC. I have to admit, I think up until then I was in denial as to what was about to happen. I shed some tears. I know I will shed more on Saturday when she gets on her plane. It helped that after being in the MTC for a couple of hours she called and said that she would be done at 4pm and could leave. So, I asked if I could come and take her to dinner. I did. It was great.

I am going to miss her terribly. She is the person I call whenever I need help or advice. She is always there to comfort and serve. Plus, I genuinely love being with her. She is one of my very best friends. I am proud of the sacrifice she is making to spread the Gospel, but man, I will be counting the days until she comes home!

2 comments:

Greg and Heather said...

that would be so hard! i feel the same way about my mom and i don't know if i could do it. hang in there.

Brittany said...

Good luck SISTER Erickson! How exciting! (Good luck to you too Courtney!)