Saturday, October 11, 2008

Family Fun Day

Picking Out Pumpkins.

In the corn maze.

What Chase did at the pumpkin patch. (Yes, those are scratches. He assaulted his own face the other night, hence the socks on his hands.)


John Deere Green.

Ready for the movie.


Ninja.

Yesterday, John got off work early and we had a family day. We started by going to Blockbuster and letting Bella pick out the movie she wanted to watch later that night. She picked, "The Little Mermaid, Ariel's Beginning." Not a big surprise considering the Disney Princess kick she is on right now. However, she was SO excited that she kept jumping up and down and kissing the DVD cover. Hilarious! We picked out treats at the grocery store and then we headed to the pumpkin patch. Bella chose pumpkins for each member of the family; a tall skinny one for daddy, a short and round one for mommy (I am not offended, this is just what she picked), a small one for Bella, and a bitty baby one for Chase. This cute little patch also had lots of old tractors you could get on and take pictures. It also had a little corn maze for kids, and by LITTLE, I mean tiny, and by MAZE, I mean path, but she loved it and wanted to go again and again.

After the patch we went home, had dinner, and watched the feature presentation. Bella loved it, Chase slept, and John and I managed to stay awake. All and all it was a wonderful day!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

hi! i knwo you don't know me, I was given your name from a friend of mine. I went to a cents of style party of yours about a year ago and I am really intersted in having a party. Let me know if you still selling for Cents of Styoule and if you are still doing parties.

I have enjoyed reading your blog. I too am an adoptive mom of a beautiful three almost 4 year old daughter. Adoption is AMAZING!! Your family is DARLING.

You may contact me at anewton16@msn.com or you can leave me a comment on my blog ariannegreganika.blogspot.com

THanks,

Arianne

Lindsay said...

I think we went to the same pumpkin patch this week! It was definitely a "small" corn maze and I got pictures of my kids on the same tractor that Bella's sitting on!

We'd love to get together sometime. I'll tell Tim to arrange it!

BLAU said...

Court-

I lovvvve your blog right now...so fall! I showed the top picture to Brad and he said, "ohhh, I wish I lived there"

Erin Boyle said...

So glad you had such a great day! Bella on the tractor is the best!
Love You!
Erin
PS: You and Brennan Talk five times a day...I want in on some of that sis time!!!

The Oldroyd's said...

That is so cute. I love the fall and it looks like you had a great time.

Unknown said...

Yay for fall clothes! I cant wait for next year when we can do these fun activities with our girl! Poor Chases little head, Brigitte constantly has scratches around her mouth and nose from trying to suck her thumb in the night.

the nayz said...

We take our kids every year to this same pumpkin patch. Although, it's little, the kids just love the maze/path. I am excited to go there again. It will just have to wait for another week unfortunately.

Greg and Heather said...

It looks like a lot of fun! You'll have to let me know where that is.

Kris Tracy Broc said...

Hey John,
I dont know if you remember me, Tracy Carrigan (Hjorten)from Rialto. I found your blog while hopping around from Adam Birkmeyers. You have a beautiful family. And I noticed you live here in Utah somewhere. I hope things are going well for you and your family. Fill free to check us out at http://broctherock.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

What a fun day!!! I am dying over Bella's fall hat! So CUTE!!! I love this time of year! I might get a wheelchair ride today... yipee!