Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Another January....Another Birthday

I turned 27 last week. John had to go to Vegas for work, so the kids and I drove up to spend the week with my mom. My birthday was really low key and nice. My family came over to my brother's for my birthday dinner. It was, as always, delicious.

Then, the next day my mom took me shopping for my birthday. Sometimes people complain about being born in January, because it is so close to Christmas, but I love it. Mostly because I always get shopping money and I always get great deals on the after the Holidays sales. Target had rack after rack of 50 to 75% of clothes. I scored.

Now, if I hadn't come down with strep and the flu the next day, it would have been the perfect week in Boise. Sadly, I had to miss dinner with my girlfriends because of being sick. LAME.

Even though John was gone for my birthday, he gets major points for my gift this year, again it includes shopping...

The Saturday before he left and before my birthday he told me to get a babysitter and nothing else. Well, 1 hour before the sitter was set to arrive, he handed me an envelope. The inside read as follows:

Birthday Shopping Bonanza

You have two hours to spend your allotted birthday money. You may chose wherever you want to go and any money leftover will be forfeited. Following shopping you must wear 1 piece you purchased to dinner.

It was SO fun. Shopping with no kids. Just for me. With a specific amount of money to spend. Fabulous. Seriously, my favorite thing to do. I hit up Forever 21 for the trendies and then went to BR and the Buckle for the necessities. They best part of this trip too was that EVERYTHING was on sale. My kind of birthday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So fun!!! I'd LOVe to have a free-for-all!!! Sorry I missed your B day this year- I dont have a functioning brain anymore... Hope it was a good one!!! BTW- Heard you got a new car!

Charlotte said...

i hear ya baby! January birthdays rock :)

Unknown said...

I am still crying over your strep throat. And apparently eating all your fondue fixins was my cure for heartbreak, and now im on a post-birthday diet. Basically, I really missed you. It sounds like you had a LOT of fun though, and please give your dear hubby some kudos for the worlds best birthday gift! Ill send him Gabes way this may for sure!
xoxo

Duffin Family said...

Happy Birthday! Too bad you were sick, but how fun of John to do something creative like that for your birthday!