Saturday, January 10, 2009

New Year's Vacation

We spent New Year's with my family up Ogden canyon at a cabin my mom had rented for the occasion. We had such a blast! We did Christmas while we were up there. My mom made all of the grandkids sock monkeys dressed to their specific interests. (My dad loved sock monkeys. It was a tribure to him.) Chase's was a "First Blood Monkey" and Bella's was a "Fashionista." They were fabulous.


My mom also made all the girls Tutus and head pieces. Bella did not take hers off. She even slept in it. I thought the picture below was so cute- tired girls at breakfast with one Thomas in the middle.


Coloring Cousins.

One afternoon we went sledding. We even convinced Grandma to go down the hill. She is such a good sport. Bella did not like to sled. She opted to build a "no-nan" instead. Everything in my family turns into a competition, even sledding. Janet beat John in the final heat down the hill, as one might guess, John was not happy about it. Let's just say he likes to win.


"Cecers" and Bren taking a minute.

"My Snow Angel", as John said.

Sledding was not the only competition we had while up there. Others included an appetizer and dessert "throwdown." Which John won the appetizer portion. A kereoke contest, Brennan beat out Emily to win, and a nice snowball fight too. Thanks for great memories mom!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a cute post! I LOVE the sock monkeys (Could your Mom be any CUTER? no....)

It looks like you had a really fun vacation with the fam. I was sorry we didnt get together over christmas, but life is crazy around the holidays. Nichole and I sewed flirty aprons the other morning. Well she sewed...I ate quiche :) But we had fun, and it made me crave a girls trip like the old days in park city! Maybe we should take a cruise? Bella can come. But only because she orders diet cokes. LOVE IT! (you raised her right!)

ps - we wish we could have made it for Chase's sealing. Kiss the worlds cutest boy for me and tell him Brigitte votes him the handsomest!