Monday, January 12, 2009

OUR BIG DAY!








On Saturday, January 3, 2009, we sealed Chase to us in the Salt Lake Temple. It was a beautiful day. We arrived at the temple and the kids got to go into the children's room while we were treated just like a bride and groom again. They gave us special attendants and I got to primp in the bride's room. We actually were sealed in one of the original pioneer sealing rooms. It was right next to the front doors of the temple and to get there we were able to go through some beautiful older areas of the temple that we would other wise not been able to see. It was so amazing, for so many reasons.

When they finally brought the kids in, Bella pretty much ran to my arms saying, "Mama! Mama! Mama!" She gave me a huge hug and then sat on Grandma's lap. Chase was his happy easy going self the entire time. Completely content just to stare at the chandelier. We felt so blessed to be able to be with them in such a holy place.

After the ceremony we took the above pictures. I thought they turned out pretty well, especially considering it was January in Utah. Then we headed over to a chapel in the avenues for a luncheon. It was simple and wonderful to be with all the people we love so much.

The next day John blessed Chase in our ward. John did such a nice job. I cried through the entire thing. I know I say this over and over, but I am so thankful for my kids. They are my miracles and I would not change who they are or what it took to get them for anything.

10 comments:

Lindsay said...

What beautiful pictures! We were so happy we could be a part of this special day!

Ashley Dudley said...

...i'm not crying...

Jen Souter said...

What a neat, special, and beautiful day! Your children are way too cute! Love you! Jen

Burnside Family said...

It was a beautiful day. It brought back many memories of sealing my own boys to us. What a special blessing it is. Thanks for letting us be a part of your day

Unknown said...

So great :) Wish i could have been there to see your adorable family make it eternally official!!! I love 2 things: your hair, and chases white hat!!! Adorable!

The Oldroyd's said...

That is so neat! It is such a special time, I loved it when Ryan and I were sealed and it was amazing when Brooklynn was sealed to us as well. I am so happy for you guys. Bella and Chase are so blessed to have you in their lives.

Lindsay said...

What a neat experience! The pictures turned out great!
-Lindsay Kemeny

Duffin Family said...

Congratulations again on your sealing! Those are the days I hold most dear to my heart! There is nothing like having your little ones in the temple with you. The pictures did turn out really good! I love the one of Chase with Jon smiling so big!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing the details of your special day. You are amazing Courtney and your babies are so lucky to have a mom like you! Im sorry we missed it.

Philip and Melissa said...

So sweet you guys, looks like a beautiful day!!!!!