Friday, June 26, 2009

Dear Chase

Happy Birthday Bubba! It was one year ago that you were born and came to our family. June 26, 2008 is ranked as one of the best days of my life. Only in competition with the day I married your dad, the day your sister was born and the days both of you were sealed to us in the Temple. I prayed for you to come to us for a long time. I swear that I could almost feel your spirit urging me to find you. I knew you were coming to us and I just had to find the way.

I am eternally grateful to your birth parents. They are wonderful people who love you and want all the best for you in this life. That is what they thought your dad and I could provide for you. I have tried to do this in the last year. I will continue to try to give you the best in the years to come.

Thank you for the joy you have brought into our family. You are loved by everyone you meet. You have a great smile and an infectious laugh. You love to explore the world around you and have since you were 6 months old. You love to eat and only get upset when you dont get your food quick enough. You are as good tempered as any baby I have ever seen. People comment on that, too. I feel so lucky to call you mine, your dad would add, "ours."

I call you my "four-pound hero" sometimes. Because you were so small and such a fighter from day one. The doctor told me, "We are trying to think of a reason to keep him here in the hospital, but he is doing so good." I pray that you will continue to fight. Fight for your family. Fight for what you believe in. Fight against ignorance. Fight for a wonderful life. And know we will fight with you. Your dad and I will give you all we have. We love you. We are so thankful for you. One year ago today, we experienced a miracle, you.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great tribute to such a sweet boy! Happy Birthday Chase!

the nayz said...

What a beautiful letter to your amazing son. I can't believe it's been a year already. Happy Birthday Chase!

jayna said...

That is soo heart-warming! Way to get the tears glistening on a random friday afternoon...! :)

The Oldroyd's said...

That is wonderful. Chase is so lucky to have you guys as parents and Bella as a sister. What a sweet joy he is to watch.

Grandma Alice said...

I love you too Chase!!!!I am so grateful you are part of our eternal family!

BLAU said...

Love you chase....You make everyone so happy! Always remember you are so loved and adored by your family.

Philip and Melissa said...

Yeah for little Chase! I could just squeeze that cute little boy!

Matt and ShaRee said...

That is such a special letter to Chase. He's such an adorable little guy. I can't believe how fast that year went. I can still remember the day you were carrying him in the sling and how tiny he was.