Sunday, June 14, 2009

Oquirrh Mountain Temple

We have the unique opportunity to have a Temple opening in our area. It is really exciting. Since it is opening up in our neck of the woods, we get to volunteer and be apart of the open house. John helped prepare things prior to the open house, setting up barricades and chairs in the tents.

I was able to go and be an usher last Tuesday night. I was stationed at the front door, counting each person coming through the door. In the two plus hours I was out front, over 600 people came through my door. By the way, I was on the slow door. I bet the other door had double that. It was a great experience. I was able to take one of the Young Women I work with at church with me. After our shift was over, we walked through the Temple. There was a wonderful spirit there. And my sweet Young Woman said, "I just can't stop smiling."

Then on Friday night, John, Brennan, the kids, and I got to go to the open house as visitors. The Temple is just beautiful. The craftsmanship is impeccable. The Spirit is divine. I am excited and blessed to be apart of all of this.

No comments: